My 2013 Goals
- Revise first novel. Done.
- Publish first novel. Happening (very) early January 2014
- Finish writing second novel. In progress.
- Write third novel. Not started.
- Revise second novel. Not started.
- Write and submit two short stories. One acceptance.
- Publish second novel. Not started.
- Read 24 books. Done.
- Grow reader fan base through blogging and a newsletter. Great progress (and continuing).
What I Accomplished
As you may or may not have noticed, I didn't succeed with every goal. And I am okay with that. I tend to be ambitious when it comes to goal-setting, and I'm so proud and excited of what I've done so far.
Especially since my life took kind of an unexpected turn in 2013. When I set these goals, I was at a different place in my life and was pretty sure that I'd be staying at home with my toddler. I had recently graduated from college, and the job market was extremely tough for my major, but I ended up with a part-time job offer at the very last minute.
I accepted and am now busier than ever (but content), which is why I'm particularly happy with what I've managed to do. I'm a tiny bit more financially stable and am able to do two things I adore.
Unbreakable Love edits also required more work than I ever expected, and I chose to invest significant time to improve the story rather than publish it to meet my deadline. Now my editor and I are so much happier with the book, and I'm getting ready to publish it any day now.
When I got the Unbreakable Love proofread back, it hit me hard how close I am to being a self-published writer. I've wanted to be a writer since I was a kid, and now it's finally coming true. I just can't believe it, and I'm incredibly thankful for the amazing support I've gotten along my journey.
I can't wait to see what 2014 holds.
What I'm Accomplishing in 2014
Here are my goals for the upcoming year. I have no idea if I'll meet every goal, but that's okay. If I can publish one more book (two would be awesome), then I'll be more than happy.
- Write second novel. In progress.
- Revise second novel.
- Publish second novel.
- Write third novel.
- Write and submit one short story.
- Read 24 books.
- Keep reaching out to readers and writers through my blog, newsletter, and social media. In progress.
What are your goals for 2014?